Well, the second painting project of the new year is under way, as I’ve finally managed to put paint to metal.
Capitalizing on my enthusiasm from Hammerhead last weekend, and the Marechal de l’Empire game on Wednesday, I decided to crack on and start painting my Baccus 6mm French army.
So, I opened the French Army bag up, grabbed all the line infantry, several lolly sticks, some PVA glue and got sticking. The lolly sticks are big enough to fit 5 strips of Infantry onto, so I decided that each battalion would occupy a stick, and my command strips would all be painted together.
Next job was to wait for the glue to dry and then out with the spray paint (on a cold and windy day – not the best prospect for spray painting: frozen fingers and paint going everywhere except where it’s supposed to!)
So, after just over an hour of cleaning up, sticking and spray painting, my first batch of French Infantry is ready for painting: 200 infantry plus 40 command figures – it still seems the start of a large mountain to climb, but I’m currently reciting the mantra from Peter Berry – “Paint the unit, not the man!”