Several people have been asking me what basing convention I am intending to use for 6mm figures with the Impetus set of rules.
First of all, I am going to use the ‘standard’ Polemos basing convention of 60mm x 30mm (it leaves the figures flexible for when Polemos Ancients comes out). This is actually 1/4 of the size of the usual Impetus basing, which means that the table size is reduced accordingly. Therefore, a game can be played on a 4′ x 2′ table.
I have only just started putting together my Marian Roman Army, but we are using the following conventions for the number of figures on a base:
- CP (Heavy Cavalry) – 12 Figures (2 Ranks of 6 Figures)
- CM (Medium Cavalry) – 9 Figures (1 Rank)
- CL (Light Cavalry) – 6 Figures (Randomly placed on base)
- FP (Heavy Infantry) – 4 Ranks of Figures (Usually 48 figures)
- FL (Light Infantry) – 3 Ranks of Figures (Usually 36 figures)
- T (Missile Troops) – 2 Ranks of Figures (Usually 24 figures)
- S (Skirmishers) – 8 Figures randomly placed on a base.
Pictures to follow as I get some painting done…