Just to say a huge ‘Thank You” to everyone who came by and said ‘hello’ to me at Salute at the weekend – it was great to chat with you.
I really enjoyed the show – though most of the time we (that is, Scimitar Wargames Group) were really busy running our RoboRally Game.
I did get chance to have a couple of swift wanders around the hall but I didn’t notice all that was going on (if you want to know more, check out Steve Blease’s videos or the 3 pages of pictures from Joe Dever.
I think my favourite games of the day were the Sengoko Jidai game from Oshiro Modelterrain, The Perry’s wonderful Battle of Tewkesbury 1471, the Projekt X game from Scarab Miniatures (with a great idea for using my 1/48th scale UFO), the Red Hawk Down game from Chemins de Feu, A Rig Too Far – a Dr Who game complete with an oil rig and Sea Devils – by the Doctor Who Miniatures Game, Par la fenetre, avec des epees – a fantastic large scale Three Musketeers game from Crazy Bear and Ragged Staff, and finally Anakin’s Solution, may the Brick be with you, a great Star Wars game using Lego by Dark Knights and Bloody Dawns.
On the purchasing front, I did remarkably well…
- 4 Packs of Zombies for Incursion
- 3 APE suits (2 grunts, 1 HMG) for Incursion
- 1 Jagerhund for Incursion (use as a Blitzhund)
- The MI-13 pack, again for Incursion
- Project X German Powered-Armoured Trooper with Panzerschreck
- 42mm Samurai with Yari and Ikko-Ikki with katana from Steve Barber Models
- Several packs of MDF bases from Warbases
I managed to resist buying anything else – as far as modelling projects are concerned, I have something of an abundance to work with at the moment (more of which later).
A good day out – thoroughly enjoyable.