I think we’ve all done it.
There we are, getting ready to put on a game, sorting out all our miniatures and scenery when, suddenly, we look around and say “hang on, where’s xxx…”
That happened to me last night.
I was looking at the table layout for our first scenario when in hit me that I I was missing a Machine Gun pit.
Oops. After several months waiting to play this scenario, it was a bit of a bombshell to discoverer the night before the game.
Well, I managed to throw something together, using the same method as we did when making the trenches last year.
The result isn’t too bad.
I managed to finish the painting and apply the flock/grass first thing this morning. Of course, you immediately find problems, like the fact that I should have added posts at the entrance, and I’ve probably applied too much grass when compared to the trenches.
It would also look better with a line of sandbags around the rim – this is something I’ll have to add at a later date – but it does the job, and looks reasonable enough.