I didn’t manage much painting on Sunday as my hobby time was taken up with a couple of other things:
First off was to organise my figures for my next few projects. It looks like sci-fi is taking something of a back seat for the foreseeable future as I am really enjoying my current fantasy painting. Following my find of Goblin Infantry (see yesterday’s update) I have now sorted out the following to be added to the workbench once the Goblin Infantry are done:
- 7 Goblin Characters (Oathmark)
- 2 Boxes of Goblin Wolf Riders (Oathmark)
- 5 Goblin Wolf Rider Characters (Oathmark)
- 2 Boxes Dwarf Infantry (Oathmark)
- 1 Box Dwarf Heavy Infantry (Oathmark)
- 10 Dwarf Characters (Oathmark)
- 110 Dwarf Infantry & Cavalry (Conqueror Models)
- Latari Elves (Runewars)
- Plastic Frostgrave Soldiers
- Plastic Frostgrave Wizards
- Plastic Frostgrave Knights
More than enough to keep me going for several months I think – if not most of the year – although my painting speed is improving. Things might swap and change a bit, depending on my mood and motivation through the coming months.
Obviously all these new figures need somewhere to be stored, and my current storage of choice is Really Useful Boxes. There are several companies that produce MDF inserts for these – my insert of choice is produced by Warbases.co.uk (link here). These are fairly straight forward to assemble, though a little bit of tab trimming was required as they are a very snug fit. The rest of my hobby time yesterday was spent assembling these.