With the Goblin Infantry finished (at least for now) the last few days have been spent building and priming Goblin Wolf Riders.
I started painting them over the past weekend. I started with a unit of wolves without riders in order to figure out how to paint them. The plan was to paint them with Contrast paints – Black Templar and Basilicanum Grey. Unfortunately even after two coats of paint the coverage looked patchy and a bit patchy – at which point any advantage of using this method was lost and I decided to use a more conventional approach.
I used a basecoat of Revell Aqua Color Anthracite (a couple of thinned coats) followed by successive drybrush applications of Dark Grey, Mid Grey and Light Grey from Coat d’Arms. A final wash of Army Painter Dark Tone mixed 50/50 with GW Lahmium Medium helped to bring everything together and smooth off the dusty appearance of the drybrushing.
Details around the mouth and claws were picked out before the figures were based.
Happy enough with the finish, especially since I have so many to paint. Time to crack on with the next unit…